In honor of international Pizza day 🍕
Who does not love a pizza (and this one is healthy too) 🙌🏻🤩🍕
This recipe is one of my dads favorites. Fortunately my dad is able to tolerate 100% grass fed raw cheese but that can easy be left out for those people like me who are dairy free (I only eat ghee and butter). We got our raw cheese from US Wellness Meats🧀
All you need is:
1) Capellos or unbunfoods pizza crusts- more information about alternative baked goods is here 🫓
2) raw grassfed cheese (my dad likes cheddar) 🧀
3) vegetable oil free tomato sauce (we use Rao’s marinara) 🥫
4) toppings of choice: We used prosciutto from La Quercia and green bell pepper, tomato, onions and oregano/basil from our local hydroponic farmer 👩🏻🌾
To make this beauty preheat the oven to 400 degrees (we have a pizza stone and heat the oven at 500 degrees 30 minutes prior).
Next we build the pizza using the crust, tomato sauce, seasoning (salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, oregano), and the cheese if you’re using that.
Next we add the toppings except for the prosciutto and lower the temperature to 400, and bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and bit golden. Then we add the meat and bake for another 5 minutes (please keep an eye on it, the pizza burns easily).
Lastly, top the finished pizza with fresh herbs to taste!
We also have a dairy free version here!
Other topping ideas include:
1) canned tuna/salmon, onion, and oregano (a German classic) 🧅🐟
2) canned mussels, tomato, arugula and olives 🫒🍅
3) thinly sliced bratwurst/ground pork and onions 🧅🌭
4) pastured heritage breed pork salami with veggies 🌶🫑
5) pasture raised heritage ham and mushroom 🍖
6) spinach, onion and an egg sunny side up 🍳