As promised for everyone who is dairy free/ milk protein free and cannot enjoy raw cheese like my dad, here is our version of a fat fueled pizza 😍🍕
Right now, we are celebrating our German roots and have recreated a pizza topping combo that is very common at German pizza parlors: tuna and onion.
We decided to spice it up a bit and also add some olives (for the healthy monounsaturated fatty acids 😉) and fresh greens that we got from a local hydroponic farm 🥬
We decided that we cannot go without a little bit of a cheesy vibe so we added some dollops of Kite Hill Foods almond milk cream cheese. This is one of the only cheese substitutes we use since the ingredient list is very short and it doesn’t contain whacky fillers.
Of course I want to note that it’s always healthier to abstain from processed foods but this one is an okay treat 🙃
For one flatbread (which will feed one hungry Mom 🤪) you need:
1) one Unbun naked pizza crust (cappellos brand works too but this one crisps up better) 🍕
2) a vegetable oil free marinara sauce (we like Raos Homemade) 🍅
3) a pouch it can of tuna (about 3.5 ounces), we use a company called Safe Catch which tests each batch for heavy metals which is important 🐟
4) a handful of kalamata olives 🫒
5) Kite Hill Foods plain almond based cream cheese to your liking (they also have an almond milk based ricotta which would work too)🧀
6) salt, pepper and dried oregano 🧂
4) a handful of arugula and grape tomatoes 🍅🥬
To make, begin by preheating your oven to 500° while you prepare your flatbread.
Spread your marinara sauce onto the pizza crust and season with dried oregano, salt and pepper.
Next, thinly slice the onions. We have a fabulous veggie slicer from Oxo which comes in very handy for this. Just make sure to use the plastic cutting guard to avoid unwanted accidents. Spread the sliced onions onto the sauce.
Top the pizza with the remaining ingredients: tuna, olives and dollops of cream cheese and turn own the oven to 400°!
Bake until the cheese browns and the crust becomes slightly crispy! This usually takes 15 minutes.
After the flatbread is ready, top with fresh greens and tomato slices and enjoy 😉