Bison Eye of Round Roast 🦬😋
Last night we enjoyed a super juicy bison roast from @northstarbison
As always we were super impressed by the color and quality of the meat, although the cut was very lean and we did not have to trim it at all, it remained very juicy 😇
The roast only had a prep time of around 15 minutes but needs around 2-2.5 hours in the oven.
The ingredients are simple to serve 3 people 👨👩👧
1) 2 lbs @northstarbison eye of round roast 🍖You can use my referral link to save 10$ on your first order
2) onions to taste 🧅
3) salt and pepper to taste 🧂
5) tallow (we like @fatworks )🧈
1) To begin, rub the roast with salt and heat up tallow on the stove in an oven safe dish. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2) next, sear the roast on each side until brown to seal in the moisture
3) rub on the mustard of your choice, as Germans our go-to is @loewensenf_de extra 😋
4) season with more salt and pepper to taste and add in finely chopped onions. Let them simmer until they are glassy.
5) add a bit of liquid, water or broth and place a lid onto the dish.
6) transfer into the oven and let it cook for 2-2.5 hours. Halfway, turn down the heat a bit and make sure to monitor the amount of liquid.
7) remove the roast from the dish and slice it into thin pieces, place back into the dish (a nice sauce should have formed).
8) enjoy 😋
Traditionally a roast would be served with potatoes and a vegetable side (and if you have family members who eat potatoes that can be made of course) but since we eat #keto #paleo #primal we only made a few vegetable dishes with lots of @lewisroadusa butter 😍🧈
Any leftovers can easily be enjoyed the next day, but something that we like to make with them is called “Bratenschnittchen” which is essentially a piece of bread with cold roast and sauce. We love @unbunfoods toast or @baseculture bread 🍞